Dan Croft ~
Today this blog launches to coincide with Open Access Week 2018! In the future we’ll be writing blog posts about a range of topics in scholarly communications but, as this is Open Access Week and Open Access is a large part of what we do, we are starting this blog site off with a short series of posts on Open Access:
- What, why, and benefits: a look at what Open Access is and why it is needed
- The different models of Open Access: explains the often confusing varieties of Open Access
- The problem with paywalls: describes some of the issues caused by the ‘reader-pays’ model of scholarly publishing that Open Access is (to some degree) supplanting
- The transition to Open Access: looks at what is driving the changes in scholarly publishing towards an Open Access model
- Open Access and monographs: addresses some of the concerns often raised about Open Access when applied to monographs.
We aim to continue developing these pages and keeping them up to date with developments in Open Access.
If you’d like to know more about us and our blog please visit our About page.