This is the blog of the Scholarly Communications Team of Oxford Brookes University.
Who are the Scholarly Communications team?
We are based in Learning Resources / the Library and we are:
- Dan Croft: Scholarly Communications Team Leader
- Joseph Ripp: Research Outputs Manager
- Susan Wilkin: Library Assistant (Scholarly Communications)
- Hazel King: Library Assistant (Scholarly Communications)
What do we do?
Our main role is to support staff and student researchers at Oxford Brookes with sharing, disseminating, and publishing their research findings so that they are available to local or global academic and public communities. This overall aim involves us in a number of other areas of interest such as Open Access, research data management, research impact, REF 2021, digitisation of archives, copyright and intellectual property.
What tools do we use?
The main tool we use to disseminate research findings is RADAR (Research Archive and Digital Asset Repository) which is the institutional repository of Oxford Brookes.
In a more limited way we also work with Converis (also called the CRIS, or Current Research Information System) which we use to communicate with Oxford Brookes researchers to make sure that we have all the information we need to support those researchers to meet the REF 2021 Open Access requirements.
- Email ~ email@example.com
- Twitter ~ @brookes_oa
- Phone ~ 01865 485085 or, within Oxford Brookes, extension 5085
- Address ~ Scholarly Communications Team, JHB112, Headington Library, Oxford Brookes University, OX3 0BP
Header image credit
Ciapaite, D. (2017) Ration Department of Whitechapel. Available from https://radar.brookes.ac.uk/radar/items/4f952903-d9a9-4f9d-81f8-8eea48417be1/1/